Free Damage Inspection
We Work On A Contingency
No Up Front Costs
No Up Front Costs

Fence Glossary

Bottom rail – A bottom is a piece of fencing material placed along the bottom of a fence.

Cantilevered slide gate – Cantilevered slide gates are horizontal, counter-balanced slide gates that have neither a top or bottom support inside the opening of the gate.

Center stop – On a double gate, the center stop receives and holds the drop rod (also called a drop bar).

Drop rod – Drop rods, or drop bars as they are often called, work within a double gate latch assembly.

Frame hinge – Gates swing open and closed due to hinges attached to the gate frame and the post.

Gate holdback – Gate holdbacks are used to hold a gate in the open position. They are also called gate keepers.

Gate latch – Gate latches hold a closed gate in place.

Gate opening – A gate opening is the empty space that you walk through when a gate is in the open position.

Middle rail – Also called an intermediate rail, a middle rail is a piece of fencing material placed horizontally between the top and bottom of a fence.

Polymer fence coating – Fences are often coated with polymers such as polyester or PVC.

Post cap – A fitting that goes on top of a fence post to add decoration and/or keep water out.

Scroll – An ornamental embellishment placed on top of a fence gate.

Top rail – A top rail is a piece of fencing material placed along the top of a fence.

Wrought iron – A type of metal work frequently used in fencing. Wrought iron is frequently used as a decorative element in fencing.


2532 Polk St, Houston, Harris, Texas 77003